Cartek 16 Channel Power Distribution Panel Retro Edition
The CARTEK Power Distribution Panel Retro Edition is a fully integrated, fully electronic solution to power distribution in race and rally cars. Designed to replace 16 Fuses, Relays and Switches as well as a variety of control systems, these units therefore greatly simplify the wiring, reducing build time, saving weight and maximising reliability.
HOW IT WORKS
The Power Distribution Panel takes +12V power directly from the Battery then distributes this to all of the electrical systems around the car. All 16 power outputs from the Power Distribution Panel are controlled from the front panel Pushbuttons or from external switches and inputs. All 16 Power Outputs are fully protected with 6 selectable current settings thereby completely removing the need for fuses or circuit breakers. The Function of each Channel is also selectable from a choice of 8 different Functions.
After configuring the Power Distribution Panel each Channel is operated by pressing the relevant front panel Pushbutton or by external signals such as from ECU or separate external switches (See details later). Above each pushbutton is a Status LED : No LED = Channel OFF. - LED on = Channel ON. - LED flashing = Over-current or short-circuit detected. On power up all channels perform a system reset which is indicated by all 16 LEDs flashing twice.
- 16 User Configurable Channels (no Laptop required)
- Selectable current settings of 5, 10 or 15 Amps. Combine two channels together for 20, 25 or 30 Amps
- Selectable Functions such as:
- Momentary action (Starter Motor, Washer Pump etc)
- Latching (with memory)
- Latching (without memory)
- Latching with Time Delay (Heated Screen)
- Flashing (Indicators etc)
- Toggling (Headlights High Beam/Low Beam)
- 0v Momentary action (use as ordinary switch for ECU Map etc)
- Over Current and Short Circuit Protection - no Fuses or Relays needed.
- Multi coloured Label Sheet included for full customisation.
- 2 Back light settings as standard.
- 16 Momentary Switch Inputs - allowing any channel to be operated by an additional switch or the Cartek Wireless Control System.
- 16 ECU Inputs - allows the ECU to turn on channels such as Fuel Pumps.
- 4 Dedicated function inputs - Flash Input for Lights, Wash Input for Wipers, Wiper Park position etc.